Welcome to NPInter
documents functional interactions between noncoding RNAs (except tRNAs and rRNAs) and biomolecules (proteins, RNAs and DNAs) which are experimentally verified.
By functional interactions, we mean primarily physical interactions, although several interactions of other forms also appear here.
This database is distinguished from other biomolecular interaction database by:
- Molecules in NPInter are assigned identification codes from NONCODE, miRBase or UniProt.
- Interactions are manually collected from publication in peer-reviewed journals, followed by an annotation process against known databases including NONCODE, miRBase and UniProt.
- We introduce a classification of the functional interaction data, which is based on the functional interaction process the ncRNA takes part in.
- NPInter also provides an efficient search option, allowing discovery of interactions, related publications and other information.
In NPInter v2.0,
we have upgrades in several aspects:
- The amount of data in NPInter increases sharply. The first version of NPInter released in 2005 contained only 700 interactions from six model organisms. NPInter v2.0, however, contains 201,107 interactions of ncRNA with other biomolecules from 18 organisms.
- By integrating the online BLAST service (NCBI wwwBLAST version 2.2.17), NPInter v2.0 allows sequence similarity searches against NPInter collection, either nucleotide sequences or peptide sequences.
- The whole data set of NPInter can be directly downloaded from the webpage and result of each search can be exported.
- NPInter v2.0 offers a graph-based visualization of interactions.
If you make use of the data presented here, please cite the following article in addition to the primary data sources: